Online Personal Editor
open source "Google code" project
Feel free to use the Personal Editor online to convert nearly plain text to well-formatted xHTML.
Toggle Notes Display
- A Preview displays and updates below the Personal Editor.
- Previewing in near-realtime saves you from typing-saving-looking-back.
- Markdown. The plain text format used is called Markdown.
- Because Markdown is similar to email, it reduces your time to get ideas to print.
- Stars for emphasis, and underlines for headers are easily remembered.
- The Toolbar at the top of the Personal Editor is simple.
- An uncluttered Toolbar eliminates confusion stirred by too many choices.
- Modes. Personal Editor has two Modes, default text and xhtml.
- In xhtml mode, you can paste code, then convert to Markdown text.
- The two-way conversion feature is unique and handy.
- View Source. The converter button saves the xHTML code and displays it.
- It's easy to copy that xHTML code over to your project.
- ...and to toggle the converter button to get back to the text input.
- Help. The question-mark button toggles "Markdown" tips above the preview.
- Tutorial. Link to the Personal Editor Tutorial from the Help screen.
- Branding. Open source users have access to methods to change the logo.
- It's desirable for companies to Brand user tools like the Personal Editor. Easy too.
- Open Source. All of the code used in the creation of the Personal Editor is Open Source.
- You do get a license number when you download the application.
- Maintaining an updated version is easy and convenient, when you register your license.
- Personal Editor is in beta. You are responsible for updates.
- Cross-Platform. Personal Editor has been tested and works in the following browsers:
- Windows: IE 6.02; Firefox 2.0; Opera 8.5, 9.23; Netscape 8, 9
- Mac: Safari 1.3, 3.1; Firefox 2.0; Opera 8.5, 9.23; Netscape 7.2, 9
- Download Page. Official Download Site